cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed: Porting BT landline number to VM

zubairahmed
Tuning in

Very disappointed in VM service. I am a new customer to VM. When I moved house, I bought a broadband + landline and O2 sim package from VM. I wanted my old BT landline transferred to the new home, and I made the first request in late December.

Today I contacted the VM customer service and they are again putting in a new request for number porting. The rep mentioned that they tried to contact me via sms. Well the message says type CHAT and select Option 2. When I type CHAT, I get a not delivered response. Honestly I dont know what to do.

Can someone from VM help please. Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Leonreuben

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that your number was not ported. Can you confirm that the landline is no longer active with your older provider?

What is the issue with your postcode that you need sorting? You can manager your deliveries and orders here

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

My landline expired on the 28/2 and was promised by VM all ws set up. The text message asking me to type CHAT and go to option 2 was not known to the help line nor the woman who took my order. Indeed the later suggested it was fake!

I have no idea of the query with my post code as they had the correct code and it was in the immediate vicinity not an issue.

I'm so sorry that the number port was not successful @Leonreuben. If the number is no longer active then we would unfortunately be unable to request this now. Was the number port rejected by your old provider? 

I'm sorry I don't quite understand the query with your postcode - You stated you where attempting to us the SMS chat to "get your postcode sorted". What was the issue with your postcode that you were looking to sort?  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

So to clarify:-

1. VM agreed to port my number when I placed the order on the 9/2

2. I got a text message on 26/2 saying query with my postcode so to contact VM text CHAT and select option2. They had the correct postcode for porting. I’ve had router and booster delivered at the new postcode.

3. I tried to text back 9 times and my text was continually undelivered.

4. I contacted the VM help line last week and was told not to worry all was in order and my line would be ported on the 8/3, today. I raised a complaint as I was so annoyed by the CHAT text. They said they old get back to me. Nothing on that font.

5. When I rang today to check it out they said it hadn’t been ported and as the line was terminated on the 28/2 it couldn’t be done now. Failure by VM

Hi @Leonreuben thanks for getting back to us.

I am really sorry to hear of your experience around the porting of your number from your previous provider.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks 

You're welcome Leonreuben

Please do check your purple envelope in the top right.  The message should have arrived.

Regards

Lee