cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Landline WiFi Calling not working again and again and again

Mrzapie
Dialled in

Looking for some answers please, thanks in anticipation;

We have a a few accounts at different addresses with VM, broadband is getting more unreliable during high usage periods routers often require a soft reboot.

Once the broadband has been restored the VOIP over landline phone service fails;

"Please check phone connection"

How do I return the phone line to a conventional landline?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately, you can't return to a conventional landline. The move to 21CV phone is one-way. Same applies to the other telecoms providers too.

You will need to get the fault with the 21CV phone line remedied by VM as well as investigating why you need to keep rebooting the router (which should not be necessary). The fact you need to keep rebooting may also be linked to the phone line failing to connect after a reboot.

Mrzapie
Dialled in

Thanks for your reply, as for the rebooting - I suppose we're getting used to a 2nd rate service. I can predict when the system will fail mid part of the evening with lots of traffic.

Really annoying with student properties.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Mrzapie

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

As @goslow has explained, unfortunately we are not able to return the landline back to the traditional port. 

I would like to take a look over the accounts for you & see what we can do to assist you further. In order to do so, I will pop you over a PM (found in the purple envelope on the top right of the screen) 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mrzapie thanks for your confirmation of details requested via PM.
I've taken a look at our systems using the details you've provided me with, and there aren't any faults on the line - there are no network problems with your broadband that could be causing these dropouts, affecting your phone line in this way.

When you are forcing the reboot of the Hub due to the drop in performance, can you advise exactly what is happening?

Is the Hub rebooting itself for example, do you notice any lights change on the Hub? Does the wifi signal disppear from your devices or do you still remain connected? Is it a drop in speed?

Please advise accordingly so we can offer further help on here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tim,

Might be best if you read the full post, I'm not clear as to your query;

When you are forcing the reboot of the Hub due to the drop in performance, can you advise exactly what is happening?

"Is the Hub rebooting itself for example, do you notice any lights change on the Hub? Does the wifi signal disppear from your devices or do you still remain connected? Is it a drop in speed?"

For clarification;

Broadband drops out,  usually during peak periods, most recently Sunday 1th March around 8 pm. Not surprisingly the following fail to function;

iPlayer via Virgin TV box Build 4.37

Blink camera

Hive heating and lighting

Sonos Music

Internet iPhone

Internet Android

NAS storage access

ProControl+ camera.

Landroid Workx mower

iPad Internet

Dell laptop Internet

ASUS laptop internet

HP printer

Thermomix TM 6

DECT Phones.

Repeaters / Boosters / devices remain connected to the VM 3.0 Hub but with no Internet access or functionality.

To restore VM broadband the VM 3.0 Hub has to be reset, switch off, wait 5 minutes then switch back on.

Hub re-boots and surprise surprise all the connected devices regain functionality except for the DECT phones.

Phones function with the BT landline, cable and cable adapter.

As you clearly state there is no problem with the broadband or landline service therefore the problem has to be with the Hub 3.0.

I stilk have no landline, have you organised the delivery of a replacement Hub?

Thanks 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mrzapie, thanks a lot for your confirmation, that's much clearer to me now so fully appreciated.

That was actually something I was coming to the conclusion about myself too, and was going to arrange a technician to come and replace this for you (as we don't send these out at the moment).

However, it seems that you've got the help you already need with this having spoken to us a short while ago.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance after this!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi,

Just to let you know I have discovered  the reason for the problem.

It might be best should you wish to continue this discussion to do so privately.

Hi Mrzapie,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you wish to discuss this matter in a private space that's not a problem. I'll pop you over a PM now.

Thanks

Beth

12 days!