cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Hub 5 no telephone 0ver 3 weeks waiting

Sparkyfletch
Joining in

We operate a business from home so a landline is essential. Any help is welcome.

My Hub 3 was upgraded to hub 5 over 3 weeks ago. The broadband works well, but from day one my phone does'nt work. I have wasted hours on the phone - switch off, turn on, reset try a different phone they tell me.

Nothing has changed the same phone that was plugged in to my Hub 3 is now plugged in to the Hub 5. Eventually after even more phone calls I get an engineer visit. The modem is not 'phone enabled' and something this has to be enabled in Manchester. That was two weeks ago - still nothing. I'm writting this while wasting another hour on my mobile talking to the 3rd world, while they tell me to unplug, reboot, try a different phone.

VM is not fit for purpose, no one takes any responsibilty to give me what I am paying for or follow up my case, least of all get my phone working.

if I go into the router settings it has telephony disabled. Should I give up cancel the contract and go to Ofcom?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anoyed
On our wavelength

Consider a complaint to the disputes resolution team 

independent adjudicator can force virgin to do the work and pay compensation for each day you don’t receive the service after 48 hrs I think 

keep a written record of everything that happens 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sparkyfletch,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your Landline service. I've had a look on our side and can see this has been raised to our Telephone Team, who have been running checks on your line - however, this should have been resolved sooner.

I'm going to send you a private message so I can look into this for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

anoyed
On our wavelength

Consider a complaint to the disputes resolution team 

independent adjudicator can force virgin to do the work and pay compensation for each day you don’t receive the service after 48 hrs I think 

keep a written record of everything that happens 

I am now 10 weeks without a phone service. Oh, how I regret upgrading my router and choosing VM. What a dreadful company.
I have lost count (but documented) how many calls I have made all to no avail. How many resets and recycles.
The engineer that came, nice guy but couldn' t help. It's all down to some non contactable office in Manchester apparantly. I would just love to speak to someone in the UK who could take some action.

I am so exhausted with this now I feel it is time for Ofcom and legal action.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sparkyfletch 

Thanks for your response

I can see you're currently in a private message with my colleague and they'll be back in touch as soon as they're back on shift, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs