Menu
asbradford
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unwanted Nuisance calls

We have received several unwanted calls this morning from a caller claiming to be a VM Technician warning about malware infecting our router, at which point we hung up and dialled 1471.

Last called number 01162 104 382

Experiencing no issues with our Broadband service and the online service status test report no known issues.

Currently waiting on the VM messaging service to report the number.

ASB.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unwanted Nuisance calls

Seriously, don't waste any more time on this. Reporting the number has absolutely no effect. It is spoofed. Tracing it would just be a complete waste of everyone's time and money. The calls can't be stopped. Most of them emanate from outside the UK anyway in jurisdictions far from the reach of law enforcement.

The can work out that you are a VM customer because the block of numbers assigned to the UK telcos are in the public domain. All they do is use an automated dialler to work through them.

The whole thing is a well-known and continuing scam. Just hang up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unwanted Nuisance calls

Hi asbradford, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are receiving these spam calls and we would not be able to block them. We would always call from our 0345 454 1111 number. The only thing we can really do her is change the number for you. Have you had a look at true call? Chris

0 Kudos