cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off voicemail on landline

Astralscout
Tuning in

Hi, could someone please let me know how to disable 1571. I can't find the option online or when i dial the number.

TIA

37 REPLIES 37

Thank you for the reply @Stu42.

As you are a third party, there are certain security questions that need to be answered.
If you cannot answer them on the forums then we are limited in what we can due to security.
If you wish to contact us via 0345 454 1111, our team will assist. 

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I called them, they said they have sorted it but weeks later it's still exactly the same. WORST. CUSTOMER. SERVICE. EVER.

My messages are being deleted now? Wow, incredible Virgin Media.

I tried calling the number. They said they fixed the issue. It has not been fixed. They lied. I'd have prefered if you'd just told me it was impossible to do.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stu42,

Thank you for coming back to us again about your ongoing issue! Sorry to hear that the call team advised that the issue was resolved when it is still ongoing. 

Have you been in touch with them since to ensure that this is corrected? 

What messages are deleted, sorry? Is there anything else you're having issues with?

Let us know so we can assist further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

KGriff
On our wavelength

It must be possible to switch off the VM voicemail service as the Staff did switch it off for me for a while and then some weeks later it became automatically enabled again.

I can’t see how this service does not breach data protection, as some of my calls from family and friends is being intercepted/recorded on the VM servers/system and I’ve certainly asked them to not do that - my family/friends were not aware that their voice was being recorded by a VM against all our wishes.

I do need the Home phone as the mother in law has Alzheimer’s and my wife needs to speak regularly and mom has our number stored etc; plus mobile coverage is not the best in our area, works okay if we walk outside and down the road but the signal is hopeless in our ground floor rooms. 

Anyhow I’m asking again here to remove the voicemail service from my Home phone - I was promised this would be removed by Staff here and by VM Support Staff.

I too had a message (reply) removed from Staff here, but the text posted was sent in an email, so I have the fact it was deleted.

It’s quickly becoming a case where I think the regulator/ICO may need to be made aware of this ‘unlawful’ recording of intercepted private phone messages. 

I’m quite upset and aggrieved by the way this matter is being ’passed-over’ by the VM Staff. It’s seems to be the usual thing though, that no one actually cares about an individual customer anymore.

May I also suggest you perhaps screenshot any posts and private messages too, as it might prove to later be of use in any potential future complaint to the regulator. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KGriff,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. I'm sorry to hear that your landline voicemail was activated again after it being taken off.

We would be more than happy to look into this further for you and help correct this issue. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stu42,

Martin is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to pick up.

You'll find a PM within the pruple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

KGriff
On our wavelength
I just wanted to add that @Paulina_Z from Virgin Media Forum Team here, has has now kindly taken the baton and again looking into this voicemail matter on my behalf, so whilst the issue is ongoing, it’s still reassuring to know that someone cares and is at least trying to resolve the matter for us. So just to publicly say thankyou🙏Paulina_Z.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update KGriff, 

I'll be sure to pass the message onto her.

Take care,

Kain