cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone migration with existing Hub 3.0

Wendolene
On our wavelength

I have received a letter this morning telling me that VM need to replace my existing Hub for the telephony switchover to VoIP.

As I have a Hub 3.0 and use it exclusively in MODEM mode. Do VM really need to swap out my Hub? Apart from the expense to VM, I will have to arrange for someone to be at home if/when it’s delivered. All for something I did not ask for.

My changeover date is 11th May, but the letter states that after 25th March we will only be able to RECEIVE calls and only be able to make 999 calls if we don’t swap Hubs.

Is this correct?

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Wendolene thanks for your post, although we're sorry to hear of your confusion here surrounding the switchover.

You are correct in suggesting that you'll not need a new Hub, if you have a Hub 3 already. It's possible that this letter would have been generated, before you switched out any older Hub to your Hub 3.

Have you had a Hub change within the last few months? If so, this would explain things - please let us know however, if you need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Wendolene
On our wavelength

Thank you very much for you speedy reply. To answer you question about whether I have recently had a Hub change, I did get an upgrade last year but that was probably nearly 12 months ago if I remember correctly. 

So can you please confirm that my conventional copper fed telephone service will be fully working until the change over on 11th May?

This is very important as my wife is unwell had has regular calls from the hospital and her doctors over the landline.

Hi @Wendolene thanks for your reply, you're welcome.

I understand you need some clarity on this, due to what you've mentioned here. 

Just so I can check things to provide you with 100% certainty, please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W