cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Line is dead. Cannot make or receive calls?

MylesM
Joining in

My landline phone is dead  - Postcode DL30AY. I have looked on line and discovered there are no problems in my area for landlines. I cannot make or receive calls. I have tried my phone on another line next door and it works ok. Have plugged the phone into the main socket (not extensions) and still faulty.  Can someone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MylesM

Thanks for coming back to us. Glad to hear all sorted 🙂

Should work as normal but let us know if any issues

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced MylesM, 

Can I ask has the phoneline worked within the fibre line as of yet?

Let us know,

Kain

Hello
Thanks for your prompt reply - NO not on fibre line yet.
So basically we are without a landline which is very inconvenient
If you require further details landline number etc. please let me know
Regards
MylesM

Thanks MylesM,

Can you confirm if you've received an adapter in the post to plug into the back of the hub?

Alex_Rm

Yes I have received the adaptor

Regards

Thanks for confirming, 

Are you able to attach it to your hub and try plugging the phone line that way please?

Alex_Rm

Thanks for your help and prompt replies

I have attached phone to hub as per instructions but still nothing happening.

It does say on the instructions 1/ a green light should flash - this is not happening and 2/ your service won't work until your switchover date - I have not had a switchover date.

Could this have something to do with it?

I am getting frustrated now as we do not have a landline and it is so inconvenient. We have had to let all our friends/relations know we do not have a land line and this is so inconvenient.

Wow it is now working. Thanks again for all your help.

Now I have got to work out how I get the phone via an extension from upstairs, where the hub is, to downstairs.

Is there anything I should look our for in doing so, or will it work as a normal phone and as before

Regards

Myles

Hello @MylesM

Thanks for coming back to us. Glad to hear all sorted 🙂

Should work as normal but let us know if any issues

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill