Menu
garrydog
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Talk More Anytime Or Is It

I have the Talk More Anytime as part of my VM package, I understood this to mean I can chat away to another local landline user (not necessarily VM landline) without worrying how much a call was going to cost me. I was billed a extra £9.00 on top of my usual amount, the £9.00 coming from a 2 hour call which I made to a relatives local landline.

According to the VM help page Talk More Anytime Includes calls to UK landlines, UK Mobile phones 0845 and 0870 numbers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Have I got this wrong and local landline numbers are no longer free?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk More Anytime Or Is It

Only free for first 60mins, you went over the 60mins

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jb66 wrote:

Only free for first 60mins, you went over the 60mins

Indeed - most, if not all, landline "unlimited" packages tend to require redialling at the 59minute point. Mobiles tend not to have this limitation, some networks have a flat limit on how long calls can be before they get dropped - I've known 2hours.

Highlighted
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a pretty rubbish rule that should be abolished, no wonder the landline is dying

garrydog
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why cant they mention it on their help pages about redialling at 59 mins, fools like me get sucked in thing there is no limit, robbing sods.

I'd get rid of my landline in a heartbeat but mobile signal in house can be a bit iffy at times, wife is not too confident on relying on mobile.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@garrydog wrote:

Why cant they mention it on their help pages about redialling at 59 mins, fools like me get sucked in thing there is no limit, robbing sods.

Just for reference, if you check the bullet points at the bottom of any of the "our phone packages" pages (I've just checked https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare.html?buspart=cablecall_02#callcosts), "redial before 60 minutes" is in there.

@garrydog wrote:

I'd get rid of my landline in a heartbeat but mobile signal in house can be a bit iffy at times, wife is not too confident on relying on mobile.

On the one hand, I do agree it's worth while keeping a landline in your house for multiple reasons, even if there's minimal outgoing calls made from it. On the other, there's ways and means of dealing with poor indoor mobile phone signal - but it can depend who your provider is.