cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switchover with two incoming lines

Jeff_D
Joining in

I have just received two adapters and advice that my phone lines will be switched over to fibre. I have not received a date for this as yet so it came out of the blue. My query is that I have two lines, one which is used exclusively as a home phone and a second which I use to work from home.

I cannot find any information on how this will be set up. I see that their are two sockets at the back of my router and instructions are to use the top one. So will the second socket be set up for use with my second line? Also, the base station for my second line is currently in my office so I would prefer to keep this arrangement. The home phone base station is next to the router so it is no problem. Do I need an engineer to extend the line to my office extension or can I simply connect this myself so that the remote socket is effectively plugged directly into the router as a long extension cable?

Any advice would be gratefully received as there does not appear to be anyone posting on this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jeff_D,

Thank you for reaching out to us ion our community and welcome, sorry to hear you were unaware of the phone switchover to 21st Century Voice ( Phone Via the Router) if you have 2 lines you generally use both sockets, the system will pick this up and make sure this is set up.

For further information please check the above link, if you do need any further help/ support, pleas reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jeff_D,

Thank you for reaching out to us ion our community and welcome, sorry to hear you were unaware of the phone switchover to 21st Century Voice ( Phone Via the Router) if you have 2 lines you generally use both sockets, the system will pick this up and make sure this is set up.

For further information please check the above link, if you do need any further help/ support, pleas reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

I'm pleased to know the hub can serve two separate lines. I assume that both lines would be switched over at the same time. You did not mention whether I need to make an appointment for a technician to connect to the remote socket in my office. Do I wait until I have been given a date to book or can I do this now?

Hi Jeff,

Once you have been given a date we can arrange a technician for this however as it is something we do not support there would be a £25 callout charge.

Regards

Paul.

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Once you have been given a date we can arrange a technician for this however as it is something we do not support there would be a £25 callout charge.

Regards

Paul.

Actually yes it is something you support, yes the OP is entitled to a technician visit to sort it out, and no, there won't be any £25 callout charge!

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Regards

Paul.

Ummm thats incorrect as jem101 has pointed out. Think you might want to read that link you sent to the OP.