cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not had landline number transferred to Virgin, 1 month on

Ian916
Joining in

Switching my landline from Plus Net to Virgin has been a really difficult process. I requested this 1st February and was told by Virgin that it would happen 15th February, but the adapter to plug the phone into the back of the router never arrived. I had to make numerous requests to receive it, and eventually it arrived via post this week, Tuesday 1st March. But when I plug in the phone I find that I do not have my old landline number despite this being a condition of my using Virgin for my landline. Once again I call up and after a long wait I am told that it can take up to 14 days!!! Virgin you have had over 1 month to do this, so I have no confidence that it will ever be done. 
After using Plus Net for more than 20 years I never once had a problem, - but so far with Virgin it has been problem after problem and your customer services team have been really difficult to get hold of.
It has been two weeks without a landline, and I still do not have the number transferred to my Virgin account. It is not good enough. Will I ever ever get my correct landline setup?

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Ian916, thanks for your post and PM also.

I can completely appreciate that having a temporary number is difficult, but this is the only measure we can provide you with at the moment while we get this sorted - we are now providing you with a landline service at the very least.

There does appear to be an issue with the way the activation of the landline has been set up on the systems, so we're looking into this as a possible reason for the delay.

Please be assured I'm going to provide you with an update as soon as possible, in the hope we can get this processed earlier for you.
Many thanks for your patience.

Tom_W

Last night I find that I now have no landline, the number you gave me is no longer working, and the number that I had under Plus Net has STILL not been activated on my line. I cannot make outgoing calls.

Pease somebody within Virgin tell me exactly what is going on? It was 1st February that I spoke to somebody to set this up, you had 14 days to transfer the number, and get me the adapter, yet I am still waiting. Worst customer service EVER. Just awful. 

Hi @Ian916, thanks for your post although I'm sincere sorry to hear of your concerns.

I do believe this is related to your porting issue, so myself and my colleagues are looking into this for you as a matter of priority.

I'll provide with an update as soon as we can on this - thanks for your patience in the meantime.
Many thanks

Tom_W

Within the last 30 minutes I have just had another email from Virgin media informing me that I now have another land line number but STILL not the one that I needed transferring across from my previous supplier. Why have Virgin given me yet another landline number?

I have no damn landline, no ringtone, no service and I STILL do not have the number that I asked to have transferred on 1st February.

Instead of writing meaningless messages telling me how sorry you are, why does somebody not get to the bottom of this mess and fix it?

I am really close to cancelling everything with you, and returning to Plus Net who in 20 years not once gave me a problem. Furious.

Hi @Ian916, thanks for your post once again.

Please be assured we're looking into this for you - we are asking somebody to get to the bottom of it right now, hence the emails you're receiving.

Please await further updates on here or via PM depending on the amount of details we can disclose.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Last night I received a text message from Virgin, and again this morning:
"Great news! Your Virgin Media kit's on its way. Keep this text handy, and when you're ready to to get setup, just reply Go to this message and we'ill activate it". 

What kit? Ia not waiting for anything, this is not a physical issue it is a problem of YOU Virgin not transferring a line. Do I reply with GO now to get you to do it? Please advise ASAP.

Hi @Ian916, thanks for your message and I'm really sorry for additional confusion.

This is just an automated email that activation of any equipment or service (such as phone line) may mean - I'm going to drop you a PM in a moment to confirm more specific details, but in the meantime are you able to check that your landline is now working again?

To be clear, this may not necessarily be on the number you want at the moment but I just want to make sure you've got service again for the time being.

Please expect another PM to arrive shortly and we'll communicate privately from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

my landline is NOT working still. I have spent nearly an hour on the phone with one of your customer support staff (Torri) who tells me that the order keeps being cancelled and then restarted, hence I am getting different notifications of different new numbers and not the one that is supposed to be on my line.
I am hoping that she is now on top of this to sort it out, one month and 9 days on from when the order was placed. 
The original complaint that I made is still unanswered, unsolved so this should go to the ombudsman at some point.

Hi @Ian916, thanks for your post.

Please be assured that we will deal with your complaint and look to resolve this to your satisfaction, in private messages.

I've already sent you a private message with further details (you may be writing the reply at the moment or have already sent this, if so I'll reply as soon as I can).

If the landline is still not working for you, please reboot your Hub and try this again.

We will continue to communicate via PM so if you're sending your PM or have sent it as I'm writing this, kindly await my response.

Many thanks

Tom_W