Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scam caller

• Hi, I have received 2 calls now from an automated service saying that they are my internet service provider (no mention of Virgin) and that there has been some illegal activity on on my internet connection, it then reels off some numbers to press on my keypad.  The call was from number 01760604560 and I just hung up.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam caller

We had that Scam Call last month, Automatic message saying your Internet be cut off in 24 hours,
please press 1 so & so , Just hang up & don't return calls or press any buttons,
Also we had 4 x calls claiming to be Amazon & you Prime member ship is coming to the end
Trying to get info bank details, Real Amazon or bank & other Companies will never phone you & ask for Details
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

called me 4 times today (2/3/2020)   on each occasion they used a different number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am really sorry to hear this x15 

I'd like to thank you all for bringing this to our attention and also for not entertaining them.  Remember, we'd never call you out of the blue and ask to remote access your equipment etc. 

If we call you it's usually (sorry for the next part) one of our outbound sales team; or we're responding to a complaint/requested call back.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos