cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing the phone line cable?

RonnieG
Tuning in

I'm having new flooring laid shortly and my adapter is due and changeover around 13 October. Will the phone cable and current box be disconnected and surplus to requirements. Can I pull the cable up when I remove the old carpet and underlay. Thanks for any info. 

19 REPLIES 19

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem!

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Kain

206458.jpg

206459.jpg

206457.jpg

These are photos of the cable and socket which are fortunately above the skirting board or tucked behind in places but I don't want them there post switchover 

Thank you for those photos RonnieG. We cannot 100% confirm that you can remove the cables without causing any issues. 

What we can look to do is arrange for an engineer to come out to clean this up if you would like. 

There is a £25 cost for this though.

Please let us know if you would like this. 

^Martin

OK can this be arranged please. My switchover is 11 October. 

Hi @RonnieG,

No problem. If you're happy to accept the £25 call out fee then please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have agreed to the fee of 25 pounds and replied but no one has told me what date time etc despite several pms to you. Can you deal with this or not please. 

Hi @RonnieG,

Apologies for the delayed response. I was out of the office for the past couple of days which is why you didn't get a more immediate response.

You'll find further details within a private message I've just sent though regarding the visit. I cannot confirm the date/time publicly but you can check and manage/reschedule/cancel the appointment if needed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear right away, but if you leave it at least an hour it should be updated to reflect that.

Please ensure that someone aged 18 or over is present at the property for the full duration of the slot, and let us know how it goes for you either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!