cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red phone light flashing on router

KeeleyB
Joining in

Hi all

i have seen several posts this week about a flashing red light on our virgin router.  Many say this is a known problem and they are working on a update and it should affect any services.

however this IS affecting our phone line.... we can’t phone out or receive calls, so what do we need to fix this please, or is it a wait for virgin to fix it?

thanks

29 REPLIES 29

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KeeleyB,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, the red phone light on a hub 3.0 could effect the phone, this is only the case if your phone line is connected via your hub .

Can you please confirm which router it is that you have?

Kind regards

Paul.

Hi,

I am not sure which router we have, there are no labels on it.  But we got it last summer, and the phone is directly linked to it via a cable.

Thanks KeeleyB, 

I've had a quick look at the back of your services and can't see any obvious issues. 

Can I ask if you've rebooted the hub at all since you noticed this? 

If not then can you please do this and test the phone line again? 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Yes, we have rebooted it several times in the last few days.  We still can’t phone out and we know we have received calls.  Our internet works fine but not our phone.

Are you able to try rebooting it again for me now please? 

I'll be able to see it's been rebooted, once you've done this and checked it's still an issue then we'll be able to run some further diagnostics or book an engineer visit if needed. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Done, any good?  Red light is still flashing

Thanks for doing that. 

I'll pop you a personal message now so we can take a closer look 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

My phone light is flashing and the wifi is not working. Can someone help.? 

Hi Emma. My light is flashing and the wifi is not working. Can you please help?