cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start

HeartsFan1874
Joining in

Hi there 

I booked a quick start for the landline service and the tv box 360 I’m wondering how to set up the landline service as I’ve never had the landline before with VM and I know this works on the back of the router but how do I activate it?

the tv box is something I know to do but the landline is something rather more difficult?

kind regards 

Kieran

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When your VM equipment is connected and powered on, your services should activate (may take a bit of time for that process to complete). 

Use the phone adapter provided by VM to connect to TEL1 socket on the back of the VM hub. Plug an ordinary telephone into the VM adapter and you should be good to go. Post back on here if you have any problems.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HeartsFan1874,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with installing your landline services!

You can follow our process listed on our Home Phone Switchover page or on our Home Phone Switchover FAQ page. Please let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further assistance with this process.

We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

• Hi 

landline was more straight forward than I thought but I’ve had to book a technician for the tv box though as even though VM have confirmed it’s active it’s still not letting me view my package. 

Thanks for the update though it's disappointing to hear further work is still required HeartsFan1874, please keep us up to date with how the visit goes.

Rob

Hi 

I have one question related to the fault issue how dose the billing work as it’s a pending charge on future billing for the partial months charge from when my services went active and I’m having to wait till Thursday before I can get to the bottom of the issue?

kind regards

kieran

Sorry Kieran, are you asking how the billing works in regards to the TV service or the landline? We wouldn't charge you for services you haven't been able to use 

Rob