how long does porting take? Was set up Thursday and am still waiting

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting

• You'll be lucky if it ever happens, been waiting 6 weeks. Read my post and good luck....
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Brasso31,

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for your port. Porting landline numbers ETA's varies as it depends on how many Operators are involved and the setup.  In general in can take up to 10 days however some things that can cause delays are if you've moved address when moving between operators or if there is already an open work order on the other Operator's system that is stopping the port as examples. Please be aware that if the line is disconnected before we port, we wouldn't be able to port the number as it must be an active line. 

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Promised 2 days, day 11 today and no-one will give me a straight answer. PATHETIC 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Brasso31

Sorry for the delay, 

Is the other account/line still active 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No idea mate

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Brasso31

Can you pick up your phone and either dial 174 or 175 put the handset down and the number will be read back to you. 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I moved to Virgin and specifically asked for the transfer of my home number on the application. Post install on April 4th it was not done, no reason given for not doing it as I called Virgin again after about 1 week (spent hours getting through). I even extended my contract with Sky (old provider) until April 24th as Sky (not Virgin) warned me if they cancel the number Virgin cannot port. It looks like Virgin only requested the transfer after I called and it was too late. I've been told I've lost my number so now have lodged an official complaint. Really poor service and so annoying to lose a home number as I have to update all my business and home contacts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of this damiengillespie.

I can take a look at this to see if there is anything that I can do to fix this. I will send over a private message in a few moment, so that we can clear account security and confirm further details, to see if we can get this sorted.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos