Menu
Maths_User
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Porting my number

We had a Virgin Media package including phone which was terminated yesterday. I've set up a new contract from today, with broadband, TV and home phone. However, I'd like to still use the number I had until yesterday, as I've had the same number for 40 years. The new number works, but there are many, many people who have the old number, so I'd like to keep it. Is there any way to do it?

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting my number

Hi there @Maths_User 

Thanks for your post. I'm afraid that if you have disconnected the old account with us, it would  not be possible to port this number over I'm afraid. Is the new account connected and active now? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Maths_User
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the new account was connected yesterday. As the old number was also with Virgin Media, is it not possible to retrieve it? It is not like it was with a different provider.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I see, I'll need to take a look in to this for you @Maths_User to see if this is possible at all. 

I'll pop you a private message now to take some details and look in to this for you. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Maths_User
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any news on this yet? Thanks.

0 Kudos