cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting existing Sky number

achitophel
Joining in

Hi all

My wife and I are looking to port over our existing Sky telephone number to our Virgin Media account.  I can’t find anything on the VM website explaining how to do this.  There are lots of posts here with VM reps contacting people, but I can’t see what the first step is intended to be to kick off the process. We’ve had the number for 18 years, so very keen not to lose it.

Sky disconnect the service in about 7 days.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi achitophel,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community ands welcome back, it has been a while hope you are well, we can help port your BT number in no problem however you would need to make sure the number stays active while we take it and if possible cancel the disconnection, once we request it the process can take 10 Days, if the service cancels before this the number may be lost, we understand this is something you would like to avoid as you have had the number for 18 Years.

I will be more than happy to help further and raise the request, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Please note though that it is a Sky not a BT number we are porting (although it was originally a BT number long ago).

Hi Helen,

Sorry, as BT do provide the phone line to Sky Via open reach it will still be with BT as such, you will need to speak to Sky to cancel the disconnection for now, us taking the number will close the phone line down.

Regards

Paul.