Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoneline is cutting off mid call

Sheebs65
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me here.

We have been having issues ever since we moved over to the new hub fed phone system.

The phone line is not very clear, and then for some reason, starts clicking, and after a few minutes it then cuts off. 

The phoneline was working absolutely fine until the switchover.

This is really frustrating. We can get cut off two of three times mid call and have to phone the caller back.

Anyone else having this problem?

I've checked all the connections into the back of the hub and all is fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You're more than welcome, this is an area issue not an in-house one. Basically, SNR is noise on the line, so we need to identify where it is and fix it. The estimated fix date for this we believe based on information we have is that above.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sheebs65 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issue with the calls. 

You are affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). F010416306 is the fault reference and the estimated fix date is the 14th February. 

Please keep us posted if still happening after this time and we'll be happy to help

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for replying so quickly.  Will an engineer have to come out to us or can this be fixed at your end?

Thanks

Sheebs65

You're more than welcome, this is an area issue not an in-house one. Basically, SNR is noise on the line, so we need to identify where it is and fix it. The estimated fix date for this we believe based on information we have is that above.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi john

Thanks for letting me know.  Let's hope it's sorted soon.  I'll get back to you if I have any more problems.

Thanks again

Sheebs65

Hi John

All appears to be fine with our phoneline now.  Thanks for your help.

Sheebs65

Hi Sheebs65, thanks  for getting back to us.

And thanks for confirming the issue with your landline has (for want of better words) resolved itself. I am sorry for any inconvenience it may have been causing you, your family and friends. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Hi

Our landline phone line has restarted cutting off mid call again.  It seemed to have been sorted but the problem has come back again.  Could someone please look into this again please.

Thanks

Sheebs65

Hi Sheebs65,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem again, can you confirm if you've rebooted the hub and tested a different handset?

Alex_Rm

Hi

Yes and Yes.

Thanks

Sheebs65