Menu
oak959
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone problems

My sister can’t ring me on house phone from her landline number she says it ring once then goes off but we can ring her with no problem ,she with the post office and they say it’s our line but we had it checked and it all ok and they say that there line is ok so how can I go from here any help would be helpful 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone problems

Hi there oak959, 

Thanks so much for getting in touch - very sorry to understand that your sister is having some issues contacting you on the landline. 

Are you having issues getting incoming calls from anyone else? Have you tested the line by calling it from a mobile or another landline at all? 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
oak959
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi no we having no other problems with calls just my sister's phone 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi oak959, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Do you have any features on your phone line such as Call Divert that could potentially be causing the issue?

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
oak959
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dan no we got nothing like that just can’t understand what has happen to it  but thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi oak959,

I've had a look what we would do in this situation. As it's just the one number that's having trouble calling through and you will have to speak to our Fault Management Support team.

You can reach them on 03454541111 / 150. It's our second line team and you may have to speak to our frontline fault team first. 

The opening hours for the FMS department are 8am-10pm 7 days a week.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
oak959
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan I did that in the first place and the bloke on the other end just gave me a roundaround and in the end I said forget it which was naughty of me so I may try again thanks again 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi oak959, 

Sorry you had a bad experience the first time around.

If they are following the correct fault process, then the FMS team is where you should be directed. They will have the skills and knowledge required to diagnose the issue with just this one number.

Keep us posted. 

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator