cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line dies when it rains heavily

Simonig10
On our wavelength

We keep having problems where the phone line dies after a heavy downpour. It teaches to recover after a few hours but the last time the line is now very crackly. We did have an engineer out previously who said many of the green cabinets in the road are not watertight and the connection get corroded. He took a look and all was well for a while but it has happened again.

I spent an eternity on the phone trying to get help. They said it would be dealt with in 24-48hrs but 8 have had no follow up call or email which is pretty poor. I am sure you used to be able to book an engineer through the web but now you have to phone it through.

Any ideas how I can get an engineer. I am sick of being asked if it’s the handsets. The last engineer gave me his personal mobile number but that seems to have been disconnected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Simonig10
On our wavelength

No, I spoke to. Level 2 and midnight guy and was told they would fix in 24-48 hrs then nothing

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Simonig10,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear your phone line is facing issues since there was a downpour which has happened a few time, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues this end, this doesn't mean there isn't a fault, I will be more than happy to invite you into a private chat so I can clear security and arrange a technician if required, I appreciate there has been issues previously and this very well may be connected however please if possible can you removed everything from the phone socket including any extensions, filters and the phone, can you also try another phone straight i the socket, apologies if already tired, if the technician comes and it is the handset or any extensions at fault there will be a £25 charge.

Regards

Paul.

Simonig10
On our wavelength

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting back.

happy to have a chat if you forward details. All the devices have been checked. We know when it goes down as our alarms starts beeping.

I don’t understand why after raising a fault 2 days ago nobody has been in touch.

Hi Sinon,, Thank you for reaching back out to us, when you say you raised the fault 2 Days were you advised a technician was booked at that point?

Regards

Paul.

Simonig10
On our wavelength

No, I spoke to. Level 2 and midnight guy and was told they would fix in 24-48 hrs then nothing

Damn predictive text!

should say….No, I spoke to. Level 2 Indian guy and was told they would fix in 24-48 hrs then nothing

Hi Simonig10, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Checking things this end, I can see notes saying the teams were raising this to try and replicate it but it doesn't look as though they were able too. Are you still having the issue with the noisy line or are things working as they should be at the moment?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Simonig10
On our wavelength

Hi

yes it has a horrible crackle still

Hi Simonig10, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

As this is still happening, the best thing for me to do is book another engineer for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Simonig10, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team