cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't ring after switchover

Martin_Hugh
Joining in

My phone won't ring since the switchover as it is probably an older handset; can I replace the RJ11 to BT adaptor with one that includes a ringing capacitor? I have seen them for sale to use abroad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Martin_Hugh, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 👋, @Martin_Hugh

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's nice to have you here 🙂

Sorry for any issues with your landline since the switchover. 

I note you have spoken to our team this evening and they've been able to discuss the issue further with you. 

If we can help with anything else, let us know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Some old handsets won't ring, so you need the adapter you suggested. They are readily available on eBay.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

A major telecommunications provider offers an adaptor, knowing that a large customer base in the UK is properly using older handsets as a landline phone and they could not offer the more superior adaptor with the ring capacitor within, which no doubt would have solved a lot of issues.

Especially considering they are bound to be getting these for cheap considering the amount they are sending out to customers.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Martin_Hugh

Thanks for posting.  Sorry that you've been unable to receive incoming calls, since the switchover.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Martin_Hugh, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you. The forum team appears to be a lot better than the 150 telephone helpline.

The 150 call centre is prone to giving out incorrect advice, I've noticed. Depending on who you talk to you will get answers which can be the complete opposite of what another person in the call centre will yell you the next day, for example. Very poor training, I suppose.

We're always here to help gordonsgoodfell, if you need us please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here.

Rob