cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call charges when phone isn't even plugged in

RPG_ash
Tuning in

Hi,

We're getting phone call charges on our bill when we don't even have a phone plugged in.

Anybody from Virgin Media that can help please?

Thanks,

Ash

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RPG_ash,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're getting some disputed charges on your bill. Is this on your latest produced bill? If so, does it specifically state that the charges are due to landline calls being made?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

They are under the "Call usage charges" section for Oct 2022, Dec 2022 and Jan 2023.

The duration, London phone number and time are listed for the calls.

There has to be a mistake as the phone is not plugged in, we don't even own a house phone and it was at 03:31 in the morning.

It's not a massive amount of money but still charges I should not be expecting. Not sure how I missed them when my email came in every month as it's always a fixed price.

Thanks.

Hi @RPG_ash,

Thank you for expanding on this. To clarify, are you saying that there are no landline handsets plugged into any of the wall sockets in the home, and that they also weren't plugged in on the date/time of the call charges?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hey,

Absolutely, we've been with Virgin for over 6 years and the last 5 we've not had a phone plugged in or even in the house. We don't use or need a house phone.

Thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RPG_ash,

Thanks for letting us know. In that case, it's possible that there's a case of a crossed line. This is where your line has become crossed with another person's at the cabinet.

We can arrange for an engineer to come out to investigate this for you. I've sent you over a private message so I can take your details and help further.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.😊

Beth

Hi @RPG_ash Out of interest and my exasperation with VM you dont happen to live in GU24 post code do you?

Hi @MailUser,

I do not, sorry.

Ash

Engineer visit proved there was no dial tone on the line.

He also made a change to switch the phone to digital to rule out any "cross talk" issues in the future.

Thanks for the update @RPG_ash on the forums. 😇

May I ask if the engineer was able to resolve the entire issue and whether or not the service if fully restored now?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs