cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Light After Switchover

Pieman1972
On our wavelength

Silly question, was switched over first week of October, after moving my phone to the hub and plugging it in - was able to make / receive calls so all good. 

But did note that I did not have the "Green" telephone light on the Hub 3......thought I'd leave it a few days for it to "sort itself out".....nope. 

Booted Hub3 this morning (I run and have always run) in Modem Mode - after about 90 seconds - "purple light" on Hub so we're back in business - Greeen phone light (and Internet) showing - phone has gone from "Check Connection" to Clock so it has a line, off I go thinking reboot has just sorted last bits.

Checked it 10 mins later - no lights now.......is that good / bad / energy saving.....i.e only worry if the phone icon comes up Red?

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Pieman1972 wrote:

Silly question, was switched over first week of October, after moving my phone to the hub and plugging it in - was able to make / receive calls so all good. 

But did note that I did not have the "Green" telephone light on the Hub 3......thought I'd leave it a few days for it to "sort itself out".....nope. 

Booted Hub3 this morning (I run and have always run) in Modem Mode - after about 90 seconds - "purple light" on Hub so we're back in business - Greeen phone light (and Internet) showing - phone has gone from "Check Connection" to Clock so it has a line, off I go thinking reboot has just sorted last bits.

Checked it 10 mins later - no lights now.......is that good / bad / energy saving.....i.e only worry if the phone icon comes up Red?

Agree, it's a bit counter-intuitive.

My understanding is that the phone light briefly shows up green when the hub starts up and then goes off (normal operation). If there is a problem with the phone service, the phone light shows flashing red.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pieman1972, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Thanks for bringing your concerns regarding your hub lights, in relation to your telephone connection, to our attention.  Can you confirm that there is currently a dial tone?  Also are you able to make/receive calls?  And when you're being called, are you hearing your phone, ring?  You can check here, for advice.  I hope it helps you.  Please get back to us, if your service is not working, or you require any further assistance.

Regards

Lee_R

Pieman1972
On our wavelength

Agreed - on the adapter card that came through it said that it should flash green on connection - but if red or nothing then you may have an issue.....

Obviously if you miss the flash of green - there's no light!

Pieman1972
On our wavelength

Hi Lee.....

No issues - an observation.......as already has been commented, looks like the green light comes on initially and then goes off.

Cheers

Thanks for confirming this, Pieman1972.

Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R