cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting nightmare

Dan2291
Joining in

Hi,

New Virgin customer in despair here, having a bit of a nightmare with my number port from Sky.

I ordered my services on the 16th Feb for a 20th Feb go live whilst my Sky services ran until the 27th.

I've not had any notifications of things failing succeeding but as I was told it could take 7-10 days I thought I'd hang fire. I rang at the start of March as the old number still hadn't moved and was told the process hadn't worked and would be resubmitted..wait again.

Called yesterday and had someone tell me it had now been ported so if it still wasn't working it would need an engineer (?!). Baring in mind I could make calls but they were coming from the new number Virgin had assigned.

Spoke to someone this morning who has admitted the agent yesterday was wrong but that my number is gone and it's a case of tough luck. I'm not sure where it has gone wrong but it's sounding like VM may have dropped the ball but the lack of communication throughout the process hadn't helped either.

Anyway I'm now staring down the barrel of changing my number I've had for 10+ years and have linked to everything.

I've seen other people have similar issues resolved via this forum so praying someone can help out here.

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dan2291 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had issues regarding porting your number to ourselves. And sorry for any concerns this may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R