cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text as voice messages on landline

HubbyAtHome
On our wavelength

I recently upgraded my package and removed some call features.

I now can't send a text message from my mobile to my landline.

I used to be able to get the text messages, which were converted into a voice message.

I looked through the forums and i got the impression I needed the voicemail feature activated. It's now been activated for a number of days but I still can't get these voice messages sent to my landline.

Could someone tell me why? Or what feature I need to achieve this?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you tried the information in the VM phone user guide page 28 onwards?

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes I've read all that. Bottom of page 27 of the link you provided says...

Haven’t subscribed to the service or registered with Virgin Media Text? You’ll receive your text message as a normal phone call and the message will be converted into Voice Text*.

I've also read...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/SMS-and-Landline/td-p/4338630

This guy says turning voicemail off stopped him getting these voice messages (sms to voice), do I need caller ID also?

Been on hold to VM for nearly an hour again today trying to sort this out. Getting vexed.

Cordless phone so can't sit on hold for an hour at a time as the battery doesn't last that long from full charge.

Before I removed free voicemail I had no problems getting sms voice messages, now I've reactivated it, it's no working.

Wait for the VM forum team to get here and advise on the setup of your landline.

They will normally respond in a couple of days and usually quicker than that. You will get more useful help on here for this kind of issue than phoning it in but it may take a little longer for the reply

Is that the VM forum team that are actively replying to other peoples posts, but not this one?

@HubbyAtHome wrote:

Is that the VM forum team that are actively replying to other peoples posts, but not this one?

Yes. You demote your chances of a response by bumping your own posts as they answer topics in order.

Just wait until the forum team reach your message and they will respond and help you.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @HubbyAtHome 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

All the information regarding the text messaging services is provided via the PDF above, between page 28-30. 

"Receive all your messages as voice texts Type ✱2# and send to 00000. Undo this by typing #2# and sending to 00000" 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

HubbyAtHome
On our wavelength

I think maybe something has become lost in translation.

I don't have a virgin text service on my account, never have. I don't have a caller ID on my account, never have.

I can't text *2# to 00000 as I don't have a virgin texting service.

I recently upgraded my broadband. At the time I also removed the free voicemail as I have an answer machine. Then I noticed I wasn't able to recieve text messages to my landline phone anymore. I used to get them converted to a voice message rather than a text message.

I'm now locked out of a couple of important accounts because I can't recieve the 2 step authentication codes via text messages, like I used to be able too.

Not sure why, must be something that hasn't been activated correctly when I asked CS to turn free voicemail back on.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah I see, 

Can you dial 0800 587 5252 from the landline of your choice and select option 2.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

HubbyAtHome
On our wavelength

Yes I can dial that number.

There is no option 2... I don't have a curfew setup.

Press 1 to setup a curfew or hangup.