cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to cancel appointment

cybmole
Community elder

Broadband was off for hours yesterday. Eventually I got to VM on 4g on phone and had it run tests. Was told I needed an engineer! And was able to book one for this morning.

Service is ok this morning but nonway to cancel.

The web page at my media claimed no orders, did not mention appointments, suggested downloading the app.

Got the app which confirmed there is an appointment but only offered a reschedule option but a cancel option. So I moved ithe appointment back to next week, 15 aug,  to give me time to figure out how to cancel it.

where is the cancel option ???

If staff could cancel for me, that would be good.

Knowing how to find the cancel option would help all readers

I spent ages in web help and app help but no joy, and phone lines are closed?

32 REPLIES 32

Hi there @dpp1, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are unable to cancel your appointment, was this change made via your online account? 

What I will do is take some details from you via PM to have this cancelled then I can also investigate why you don't have this option as it should be there.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

you - or another staff member -set out to investigate this bug, weeks ago , when it happened to me, or so I thought.

this is i think the 3rd independent report of the same bug.

i dont think it matters HOW the appointment was made.

the issue is that the "my VM" app does not have a cancellation option, so unless the customer has nothing better to do than wait in a long telephone queue, there is no way to cancel a booking

i suggest that in the meantime, all affected customers reschedule to April 1st 2023, and prepare to say " april fool" to the poor engineer 🙂

actually- counting down the thread- its the 4th report of the same bug.

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @dpp1, I have managed to get this cancelled for you now.

In regards to you not having the option in the future, the support team are aware of this and will be doing all they can to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Let us know if you need anything further, we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Could you please cancel my appointment as well? Im having the same problems as everyone else 

Hi there @sen2345

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are also struggling to cancel your appointment via the My Virgin Media App! 

I will pop you a PM now so we can do this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

astack
Up to speed

This is purely done by VM as they can charge you £25 when the engineer turns up for nothing. Having the same problem myself, no button to cancel appointment, just yet another awful so calleed service from this mob. Suggest you go to the option of wishing to cancel next time, they will soon put you through to someone! 

Hi @astack

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you were also having issues cancelling your appointment online. Please let us know if you still need support or need to cancel you appointment as no longer needed and we can look into this for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes i am, the email sent today doesnt work, surprise. We have an engineer due tomorrow but dont need him. 

Hi astack,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, have you been able to log into your Online Account and cancel the appointment this way?
Regards

Paul.