cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to cancel appointment

cybmole
Community elder

Broadband was off for hours yesterday. Eventually I got to VM on 4g on phone and had it run tests. Was told I needed an engineer! And was able to book one for this morning.

Service is ok this morning but nonway to cancel.

The web page at my media claimed no orders, did not mention appointments, suggested downloading the app.

Got the app which confirmed there is an appointment but only offered a reschedule option but a cancel option. So I moved ithe appointment back to next week, 15 aug,  to give me time to figure out how to cancel it.

where is the cancel option ???

If staff could cancel for me, that would be good.

Knowing how to find the cancel option would help all readers

I spent ages in web help and app help but no joy, and phone lines are closed?

32 REPLIES 32

cybmole
Community elder

similar issues here

"help" says there shoduldl be a cancel option next to any appointments when viewed in the dedicated app - but there isnt

i downloaded the dedicated my VM app from play store to look for the option, because its not on web pages anywhere that I can find

but there is only a reschedule option

"help" also claims I should be able to see appointments under orders and appointments on the my VM web pages - but there's nothing there. the web page just says no orders and does not mention appointments.

then today I get an email confirmation of the " no longer needed"  appointment but it's from a no-replies-accepted email

why is it so hard to cancel and thus save a wasted engineer visit. 

for the record, my appointment came via using my phone on 4g to query why internet was down, the page i was on had me unplug, then reboot hub, then told me I needed an engineer! ( when really I just needed to leave it onvernight to sort itself out ??? ), and gave me an appointment

( service was down for hours yeasterday pm, hub kept repeatedly  going to green arrows software update, thenit woulkd work for a minute or so then die again. all this time the various service status pages were insising no known faults... though the down detector sites were telling a different story.

frustrating.

engineer is due from 8am today and all chat etc options are closed .

this came from a no reply address: 

Hello,

Your engineer appointment is confirmed for

08/08/22 between 08:00-12:00

Please make sure that someone over the age of 18 is in when we arrive.

We'll contact you when we're on our way.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cybmole, 

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any frustration with this. 

To confirm, there was no option to cancel via the app?

Were you able to check the web browser version?

^Martin

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should receive an sms message from the tech to advise of the time they will arrive, and can reply then and cancel the appointment

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sorry to hear I'm not the only one struggling with contacting Virgin Media. 

In my case the only time the appointment was given to me was at the end of an online chat. No confirmation, nothing on My Virgin Media, nothing to either email address they have for me, and no luck in trying to verify the app on my new (Virgin Mobile) phone as never seem to find strong enough signal. I've had to log a complaint as there's literally no other option for me. 

I went through it all again just now. No option to cancel. But i was able to reschedule it for December!

I could probably have pushed it out another year but I got bored with spamming the next week button.

Anyhow. Specific sequence. Log into app, appointments, details. Only option is reschedule. Go scroll down to help as faq, it claimsthat to cancel an appointment i will need to log into my virgin media and offers a link. That takes me to a web page which had stayed open since last visit. So I navigate to orders and appointments to be told I have no orders.

Please get it fixed. 

You have until December now so no pressure 🙂

Fyi. The appointment status is "scheduled". Maybe the auto faultfinder really really wants someone to check the hub, even though it's ok now

Good Afternoon @cybmole, sorry to see you've not been able to cancel the appointment, I'll be able to have this cancelled for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi could you do the same for me to? I'm stuck in the same loophole. 

Hi Cwtch83,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly help with getting that cancelled for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm details. 

^Martin

I too made a fault appointment but can’t find any option to cancel now broadband has started working again.  I’ve rescheduled it to next month but can’t cancel. Absurd and frustrating.