No landline for weeks can’t speak to a human, absolutely ridiculous

donnadoc
Joining in
  • Can anyone give me a number to speak to a human
9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @donnadoc, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sadly we're not in a position to call customers via our Community Forums, but will be happy to help via this thread, and if need be, will utilise our private messaging function.

I've been able to look into the local area and cannot see any faults present.

Can you please advise me if the handset you're using is connected to the master socket or an extension?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

• Connected to master socket

On my new phone that i bought it says check phone line

Thanks for coming back to me @donnadoc, can you please advise me if you're able to gain a dial tone?

If you're not able to gain a dial tone, can you please advise me if you're able to try an alternative handset to see if a dial tone can be found?

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to the phone line?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

No dial tone, bought new phone thinking old one was the problem, new phone says check phone line

Thanks for coming back to me.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll take a few details from you.

Kindest regards,

David

Thanks for responding to my private message @donnadoc.

I've been able to book in an engineer for you, and the appointment can be viewed via your self-care account, and re-arranged if required.

Please ensure that the person who accepts the attendance of the engineer is over the age of 18, and pleased be advised that any appointments in which we're not able to complete the work, where our engineer is not offered access, would result in a £25.00 charge on your account.

Do please keep us updated with how the visit goes.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

• Thanks, did you find a problem?

Thanks for coming back to me @donnadoc.

I was able to determine, with the assistance of a flow, and the answers you offered me that an engineer would be required on this occasion.

Do please let us know how you get along with the visit.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn