cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls

Blackst
Joining in
  1. My 86 year old mums home phone is not getting incoming calls. Can do outgoing calls and tv is ok. She has no broadband in property and landline is only connected to wall socket… she needs this for me to contact her.. any help please…
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that your phone volume is turned up. And check if your phone has a ringer switch on the side, as this could be switched off.

• Your phone may be faulty so try another one in the Hub – same for extension leads.

• Check calls aren’t being diverted. You can do this by calling your Virgin phone number from another mobile phone.

• Check that you haven’t barred incoming calls. You can do this by calling your Virgin phone number from another mobile phone.

• There could be a known fault in your area, so check our Service Status Here you’ll be able to see outages on the network – or if there’s a problem with your own telephone line.

Note: If you’ve added ‘Anonymous Call Reject’, this will block callers who withhold their number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/landline-not-working

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that your phone volume is turned up. And check if your phone has a ringer switch on the side, as this could be switched off.

• Your phone may be faulty so try another one in the Hub – same for extension leads.

• Check calls aren’t being diverted. You can do this by calling your Virgin phone number from another mobile phone.

• Check that you haven’t barred incoming calls. You can do this by calling your Virgin phone number from another mobile phone.

• There could be a known fault in your area, so check our Service Status Here you’ll be able to see outages on the network – or if there’s a problem with your own telephone line.

Note: If you’ve added ‘Anonymous Call Reject’, this will block callers who withhold their number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/landline-not-working

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

she does not have a hub in house.

when calling it goes straight to voicemail 

phone was receiving incoming calls yesterday and she has not touched the phone to alter any settings..

she is upset by all this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like a local fault. Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061 using her details. 

Hi Blackst, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your mum's landline is not receiving incoming calls. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing your mum and indeed, your family. I can see Cardiffman281 has provided you with some great links and advice.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R