cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hub4 phone line for 3-days

Blue2basingstok
Tuning in

My old landline was terminated on the 18th October and I connected to the hub 4 as instructed, however my phone doesn’t work. No dial tone.

I checked my service status and allegedly all is well with phone but its dead. VM technical help report there is major issues in our area but this is not reflected on my service status.

For three days I’ve called VM technical and I’m still three days without home phone and no solution.

I called today and was on hold for 20-minutes before speaking with VM, who then transferred me to senior technical help but again put on HOLD and eventually I had to terminate the call after 36-minutes due to a commitment.

SamKnows also doesn't connect to the hub.

Frustrated and time to review my contract renewal due in 3-weeks

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blue2basingstok

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise for all the inconvenience and disruption caused due to having no dialling tone since the switchover on the 18th of October.

Upon checking the systems from our end this morning, you are unfortunately being affected by an SNR outage which in turn is affecting your landline.

This issue is due to be resolved on the 24th of October and we can see that there is a faults ticket already raised on our systems due to issue.

We're sorry that you're still experiencing intermittent problems with your Virgin Media Broadband, Voice and TV service(s) in the RG23 area.

We expect our engineers to have this repaired as soon as possible.

We are working as hard as we can to fix this, however due to the complexities of the issue its taking us a little longer than  normal.

Kind regards Jodi. 

So why doesn’t my service status show this?

Why hasn’t the copper landline not been reinstated until this matter is resolved?

If not resolvable until the 24th Oct, than these issues will have been ongoing for 7-days and your informing 7-day (at least) without a landline!

Why, after every call to VM on this matter, they sent me a link to my mobile to self diagnose, when its out of my control.

Frustrating

Thanks for coming back to us Blue2basingstok.

Our service status page does not always show SNR issues. If only a small number of customers have been affected, this would not show on our service status page. 

If you log into your online account, it may show you a more detailed fault. We can certainly understand the frustration this issue has caused, and we do apologise that you have been sent the self-help links.

Our team will always send you a self-help link if you are experiencing any faults with our services. 

As a fault ticket has been raised since the 18th of October, so you may be eligible for compensation due to this loss of service.

For more information about our automatic compensation scheme, you can check the link here https://virg.in/autocomp

Once again apologises for any disruption this fault is causing you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Blue2basingstok,

I have investigated this issue further for you with our 2nd line faults and I have requested we send an engineer to your property to get this checked for you as you have been without a dial tone for the last 2 days.

I am going to book an appointment now for you, I just need to confirm a few things with your first. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the private chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Blue2

I had my line terminated (switched) without notice too so I sympathise.

In my case there ensued a really long runaround (weeks) with engineer visits which culminated with not being able to receive incoming calls... to add insult to injury they have charged me (£25) for the second engineer visit.." I haven't got a clue" was his comment!

The conclusion is that VM's Hub will not properly support older phones.. my being a Beocom 6000 DECT system.

Today I visited my local EE (BT) shop to discover their latest SmartHub 2 and other kit do indeed support older phone systems... and it's £15 a month cheaper!

I'll be switching, regrettably.

Good luck.

Ian 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blue2basingstok,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi.