cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

Joy5
Joining in

I have had no dial tone on my Home Phone for the past several days. The phone is connected correctly, directly in the Virgin Meda socket. When rung the number from another phone, I can hear the ring but no sound is heard when the phone is picked up. There is no service issue in the area. I have checked with three different phone sets, but none of them give the dial tone. 

11 REPLIES 11

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Joy5, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see your landline has had no dial tone for several days now, I have checked our systems and cannot see anything obvious as to what will be causing this so I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details so I can check this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

Any progress? I still don't have a dial tone. It has been a week without a dial tone. It looks like I may have to book an engineer. 

Thanks. 

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi, just to update the public thread I have arranged for an engineer to come and take a look at the landline issues.

Let me know if there are any further issues after this takes place.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Miraculously, I have dial tone this morning, even before the engineer is scheduled to arrive! Looks like it has been fixed remotely. 

Hi Joy5,

Thanks for the update. We're glad to hear that you're dial tone has come back for you and everything is back to normal. 

You advised that you have an engineer scheduled to arrive today. Would you still like this to go ahead so he can make sure the fault has been fixed?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for your reply. I just checked and the phone is working normally. I am able to receive and make calls. So there does not seem to be any need for engineers to visit anymore. However, it is fine with me if the engineer wants to come as scheduled and check out that everything is working fine. 

Regards,

Joy

Not a problem Joy5.

Please let us know how the visit goes. The only reason we're advising to keep the appointment, as it seems the issues was ongoing for a few days before it was corrected, so we can check all the cables running to the house are intact for you and there are no breaks.

Kind regards Jodi.  

So the engineer came and fixed the phone by connecting it through the hub. Everything was fine for a few hours but now the internet is gone and phone is working. Strange. 

Thanks for coming back to us Joy5.

Sorry to hear since your line has been fixed, another problem has arisen. Remotely checking the system from our end, we can see that you are experiencing a downstream power level issue.

Unfortunately, due to this, I will need to book another engineer to attend to get this resolved for you.

I will pop you over a private message, just to confirm some details again, and get this booked in for you.

Kind regards Jodi.