Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

I have had no landline for 2 days now. When the landline number is called, there are 3 beeps and then nothing. There is no dial tone from the phone either.

I have tried calling virgin via my mobile but there is no indication as to how long I will have to wait, just on hold music.

I have raised a complaint but no reply as yet.

A communication company that is impossible to communicate with! It’s always the same with Virgin, nothing is simple except the monthly direct debit they never fail to remind you will be taken.

I have tried the online test, the same page appears “oops something’s broken” and we are sorry this isn’t the page you wanted.

can anyone make a recommendation as to what to do next?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Thanks for your post Riordan and I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your landline.

I can see that you have been able to speak to our team since your post on Friday and we're taking the required measures to resolve this issue for you

This may take 3-5 working days to resolve and I do hope that we're able to fix this for you in a swift manner.

If you're still having issues with the phone line beyond the 3-5 working day period, then do please come back to us

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

My phone also has no dial tone and when people phone my phone it rings but when I answer it I can't hear anyone on the other end. I can't call the help line because my phone doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hello gastewart

Thanks for bringing this to our attention

Sorry you have had to though 

Before we can look at anything from this side 

Have you tried an alternative phone in the socket 

If you can please try and let me know the outcome

It may be that we require an engineer to come out 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Same here no tone. Tried another landline in connection, still no tone. Used mobile to ring it and it rings out as if it's connected but NOT. Run self test from Virgin media website and told me no issues. Booked engineer for tomorrow but know it's not a fault my end! Tried to contact Virgin via chat. No link up. Telephoned them on my mobile left on automated hold so gave up as eating all my credit. Cannot talk to anyone from Virgin media directly. Just a nightmare. Been join forum here but email verification from Virgin media didn't come through since this morning. Now as requested another verification ended up with several.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

To add to my earlier post about no landline. Looks like everyone I've seen posting here is in the same area or nearby. Area 20/21 yet self test is showing no problems but there obviously is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post TWIZTWIZ

When we have an issue in the area and a customer calls in to get this reported. If we receive 5 in total for the same area, then this will get flagged as an area outage.

Which in turn will be assigned an engineer to check the wider area

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Well I am sure I read over 5 now. Not every thing is updating here as noticed if you just select forum it goes automatically back to 2015. I have been pain stakingly reading from post to post and was lucky enough to save history from earlier showing there are newer posts that are not popping up now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply TWIZTWIZ

Have you been able to book an engineer to come out 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I am in area 20. Same thing here. No dial tone from main phone or extension. Phones running from wall socket rather than hub..

Hoping this cry for help gets you to the 5 unhappy customers it seems you need to get something sorted.

Self test is no use at all. Gets to between 6 and 10% and either reports test was inconclusive or that there is no issues. 

Frustration ensues to the point of new supplier search.