cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone, external caller hears "ringing" tone

captainwebb
On our wavelength

My landline phone has lost dial tone, so no calls out. Incoming calls (tested using mobile) receive "ringing" tone, but no audible effect at this end.

Already "missed" one call, caller assumed I was out.  Bother!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me captainwebb. I've arranged a visit from an engineer - you will find confirmation via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes, or if we can help with anything else.

Tom

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi captainwebb, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your phone line. I don't suppose you have a spare handset to test, just so we can rule out any problems there?

If not then this will require a visit from an engineer in all likelihood. If you get back to me via Private Message we can get that arranged for you.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me captainwebb. I've arranged a visit from an engineer - you will find confirmation via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes, or if we can help with anything else.

Tom

captainwebb
On our wavelength

Engineer found corrosion on outside terminals of landline. He swapped to spare terminals, everything good so far.

Now the woman with the strange voice can tell me regularly that my AmaZON account is about to expire; it isn't, I don't have one.

Anyway, the dial tone issue is closed.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Captainwebb, 

thank you for getting back to us and glad that this is resolved now.

Sorry about the woman with the stage voice 🙂

Zoie