Menu
L38
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone Hightown L38

No dial tone for two days after work done by engineers on fault locally. Can’t get anywhere! Hightown L38

0 Kudos
Petchalxande
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone Hightown L38

Hey, same issue here, also Hightown L38. Service status says nothing wrong and trying to report a fault is possible on the Virgin website.......

0 Kudos
L38
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Done all the tests recommended on website. Checked wiring from road to 1st box. Known good phone plugged in.  Line still dead as a Dodo. Tried messaging system but that has issues too. God help us. 😩

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
lizmag
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just joined forum my landline has been same i think since friday ... no dial tone cant make or receive calls done checks ... service test also says no problems on line .. on hold to customer support at min for nearly  20 mins .. expecting to get cut off with our service is busy  .. 

0 Kudos
lizmag
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

just to update .. got through there is a problem and it has been escalated to service engineer, on phone for 32 advised should be fixed in 4/6 hours 

0 Kudos
L38
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I will believe it when I hear the ringtone!  Let’s give them a third chance though. It has been very wet recently. 

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi L38, Petchalxande and lizmag, 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for taking the time to get in touch 🙂

Really sorry to see you've all been impacted by an outage.

We are aware of an issue and currently working hard to get it fixed. Unfortunately I don't have an estimated fix time to share, but if you do need any help with this please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
woodsy68
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It would appear that all of L38 (Hightown) are affected, my mother in law has the same problem, since Friday no home phone service. When someone calls the number, it even says the number of not available, not just that it rings and rings and never connects. She depends on the Home phone to stay connected to friends and family. This really is not acceptable to be now on the 3rd day of loss of service. 

The Service Status now says it is working for Phone, but it is not. Have tried with her on the phone to connect to Virgin Media, used up minutes and so have given up, obviously cannot call 150 from home phone as not working.

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi woodsy68, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Really sorry to hear your mother in law has also been impacted by this outage. 

I have sent you a private message so we can double check things from our end, please reply when you can. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
woodsy68
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Quick update, now it is fixed, thank you.