cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install HUB 5. Phone not working properly

M00nraker
Tuning in

So new hub 5 installed.  Phone attached to dongle.   And phone does not allow incoming calls.  Outgoing work. Incoming when answered just drop the call. Tried another phone.  Same thing.

and NO SUPPORT from Virgin first or second level.  

what does it take to get help? When I’m paying a lot for the service.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@M00nraker,

Others are reporting it now working properly when picking up calls after a reboot of the hub 5.

Might be worth a try doing that too and see if it now works for you ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI M00nraker, thanks for he message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the incoming calls. 

Does this happen when you withhold the number?

Chris. 

The problem occurs on all inbound numbers.  I have seen withheld on the display and also non withheld numbers.  Call drops as soon as I pick up the receiver.

Tried two phones, same problem.    

thanks for any advice you have.  

Hi M00nraker, thanks for the message.

I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi M00nraker.

Thanks for messaging us via private message. 

I am happy to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved and let us know how it goes. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

scotsann
Tuning in

Hi M00nraker

I have exactly the same issue as yourself.  I've just spent the last 30 minutes speaking with support to get this issue resolved.  I was told it is a known issue affecting all Hub 5 boxes and the issue will be resolved in 24 ours.

Is yours now working or are you still facing problems? I'll be interested in finding out, if as Virgin Support say, all Hub 5 users are impacted.

Thanks.

I phoned about same issues  on  friday  they said it was with hub 5,conected lines  they told me it would be fixed. by Monday  morning,,Had a courtesy   call from the saturday   saying   they had found fault and a ticket was raised  and it should be fixed  by today  still not working , it is supposed to be nationwide .had  hub5 connection  for a while  worked alright till tthursday

Hi there @wyre

We are so sorry that you are effected by this fault regarding the Hub 5 and call not being received. This fault is still being investigated but we are doing all we can to resolve this for you and everyone effected. 

Thanks again.

Ashleigh -c'=

I was told  when  i had courtesy  call that the fault had been found and a ticket  had been raised  

and it was beening  worked on and would  be fixed by 8am on the  29-11 2022  which is today

so why is it not done 

We have hub 5 and is working ok apart from it registered no number calls every couple of hours throughout the day and night. Looking at other threads virgin have known about this for months and still not fixed. They have not thought this change over through properly as initially the system would not recognise numbers with only 5 digits after the area code. Interesting to see how other companies cope with a change to fibre.