cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre landline

Nick797
Tuning in

Struggling with the new landline phone system. Does the phone need to be kept plugged in to the modem?

If so how will my 2nd phone work? Really need the 2nd phone living in a large house and running a business from home.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

13 REPLIES 13

Yes there is a wall socket very near the hub.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Nick797 wrote:

Yes there is a wall socket very near the hub.

In which case VM should be able to link the phone socket on your VM hub to the existing telephone wall sockets (assuming your phone sockets are all still linked internally to each other).

They should do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover.

The VM tech would disconnect the old incoming telephone cable from the street at the old telephone master socket (to prevent your hub's new phone connection being fed back out into the street).

In past topics VM has then used the adapter lead at message #9 below to link from the hub phone socket to the old wall socket.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/HUB3-to-Master-socket-adaptor/m-p/4507007#M143805

This 'backfeeds' the phone connection from the hub into the old telephone wall sockets and makes them active once more.

One of the VM forum team should be able to arrange a free VM tech visit to do this for you when they reply back here.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nick797,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some trouble since upgrading your Landline service. Unfortunately, we do not provide the functionality to revert back to the old Copper/traditional lines as these will shortly be decommissioned fully.

As mentioned by goslow, we can arrange for a Technician to assist in "converting" your wall sockets to be powered by the Fibre Phone/21CV service. Please look out for my private message in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Okay, thanks for your help guys.