Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Hub3 and phone(s)

Because of broadband issues (v. poor speed - 10mbps and no signal), I have been sent a new Hub3 to install. I have a couple of questions -

1. Will my phone automatically work connecting through the new hub or do they stay connected where they are? I have not been sent any cables for this connection.

2. I have 2 phones connected to my number - my house phone (with a remote wireless extension) and my house alarm. How will they have to be connected to the new Hub?

I also presume I've got to call VM when I'm about to start the install?

Regards Steve

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Hub3 and phone(s)

the Voip on the hub 3 is mainly for new customers, you won't be switching to that, eventually it will be required but this is probably a ways off, your phone will carry on working as it always has via hard wire back to the cabinet 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Hub3 and phone(s)

Hello

You phones will connect to the same place they are, only if you were told that you would be transferring to the VOIP system would it be moved, and also it would mean an engineer to do the switch, and wire up you existing extensions.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos