cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4 - Telephony Disabled

Thunderpaws
Joining in

looks like I'm not the only one.

Received and installed my new Hub 4 today (upgraded from Hub 3).  Everything works except my landline.  Logging onto the hub I can see that it says 'Telephony (Disabled)'.

Everything worked on Hub 3 (except the daily kicking off WiFi at the most inopportune time).

It looks like they have disabled the telephone service else I think the error message would have said something more meaningful (I live in hope).  I try and phone a phone test and it tells me it can't perform one and that I need to speak to them.

I tried to call, spent 30 minutes listening to the same 5 songs (not my taste) until I gave up and hung up.

Someone, give me a reason not to switch providers when this contract is up for renewal.  You can gain customers with pricing, but you lose them with poor customer service.

30 REPLIES 30

Nigel1971
Superfast

Same with me, they are useless.

——————————————— My Broadband Ping - Virgin 500mb Home Connection

Pamelarobb25
Tuning in

I am new set up and having exact same problem.  They accused me of breaking my phone and made me buy a new one before they would help me again - guess what still not working with new phone!

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Thunderpaws,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Can you please confirm how your phone line is plugged in?

Is this connected to the ports on the back of your modem?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

The phone is plugged into port 1 on the back of the hub per the instructions in the setup guide.  On the phone I have displayed the message "line cord error, please check".  This is message I usually get when there is no dial tone.

On the Hub 3 this was working.

I used the telephone cable supplied by VM.

Thanks,

Thanks for getting back to me Thunderpaws 🙂

Can you please confirm if you've performed a reboot of the hub?

Alex_Rm

several times 🙂

I've spent many years working in IT from service desk to incident management and service delivery.  That's always my go-to thing to try first.

The hub has also done a software update since being installed (the light ring turned green for a while) and it was after that update that the Telephony option started showing as disabled.  It is worth me taking the hub back to factory settings ?

Thank you for confirming Thunderpaws

Sounds like you know what you're doing 🙂

I've arranged for a technician to come and take a closer look at this for you. 

You can view the time and date of your visit here

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Why do we need an engineer visit ?  I would prefer if someone actually looked at our setup first to see if the telephony has been disabled for some reason, or please confirm if this has already been done.

I don't think it's a site issue because hub 3 worked fine (I did try and re-install hub3 but broadband was disabled on that now), and I know I'm not the only one who has this exact issue.

Before a visit, as we are shielding because of a relative, I would like some confirmation that all points have been checked your side (this includes but not limited to, our account setup, the services we have activated, the hub itself and what version software should be running).  When I have those details we can then look at an engineer visit.

As I can't get through on the customer service number, an engineer or other technical representative can ring me on the number against the account and I will happily work through that list with them.

Thanks,

Hi Thunderpaws,

I've been through as many diagnostics as I am able to, and couldn't find an issue,

Because of the hub 4, you would need to speak with the OOMPH team. I have filled in a form to arrange a call back from them. 

You'll be contacted as soon as possible.

Alex_Rm