cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to book a tech visit for fibre phone

SubmarineRob
Tuning in

So, in a previous post I was advised that I would need to book a tech visit in order to connect my copper-wired phone to my Superhub, in order to use the new fibre phone service (this is because my hub was installed in a stupid place, and I can't connect my phone directly to it; I need some old-fashioned telephone wire in-between)

So far, so good. But how exactly do I book a tech? It doesn't appear to be possible to do it on-line, and when I tried on the phone I was repeatedly diverted to "chatting with us via text" which wasn't a chat at all, it was just a link to the online help pages, which don't allow me to book a tech. 

I do appreciate the majority of customer queries can be resolved by folks reading the online help, but when there is a need to speak to a human - and it isn't a fault or a new install or a "how to enable voicemail" this really feels like a painful and obfuscated process, and 30 mins later I am no nearer to any kind of resolution.  

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @SubmarineRob, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle in trying to get out an engineer for the home phone switchover.
I will assist you on this and get it sorted.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs