cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a technician - no dial tone

Tracy06
Joining in

Hi,

my home phone does not have a dial tone and does not work. I have tried all the advice that Virgin Media has and none of it has worked. I have tried to find out how to book a technician but it is not very clear. Can someone please book me a technician?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

12 REPLIES 12

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tracey06

I have checked our systems and can see that the engineer visited during the allocated time slot but has stated that no one was home. Please note, a £25 charge may incur due to this. I have rebooked an engineer visit for you now and shall send you a private message containing the details of your appointment.

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks for booking me a technician. I was at home all day yesterday waiting for the technician and left a note on the door telling the technician to come through and knock loudly on flat door as the bell was not working.  

I feel like the technician might not have been able to find the right address as we are hard to find and this happens a lot with our post. I would be willing to give easier instructions on how to find my flat over private message if you would think that would help. Or I could send you my mobile phone number so that they could call me if they were having trouble locating my flat.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details Tracy. I will send you a private message now to discuss detailed instructions on how to find the flat, then I can update the notes on the engineer booking to ensure the engineer is informed of how to find your place.

Best wishes,

Serena