Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NO DIAL TONE YET AGAIN!!

Yet Again I have no dial tone! This keeps happening and has been happening for the last 3 years! I am paying for a service I am not receiving!

I have checked the line and it says it's working.... Err, no!!! 

And without a phone I can't ring the help line!! For goodness sake Virgin, WHY don't you make it easier for your customers to contact you??? 

I am tired of paying £20 a month for NO SERVICE!!! 

I need an engineer to come AGAIN! BUT there is no way on your website to book one!! 

Seriously considering going elsewhere for phone and broadband now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO DIAL TONE YET AGAIN!!

Thank you for getting in touch Babyboomer.

Very sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with the service. 

I have checked from our side and cannot see any reported issues. 

Can you please confirm that all cables are secure and if you have tried a different handset?

Let us know and we will do all that we can to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Each time this has happened in the past, my phone line had been plugged into the wrong flat in the green box in the street! 

When I ring it from my mobile it rings, but not on my landline phone... 

I have not touched the phone wire & nothing is loose. 

VM engineers are frequently working in the green boxes, & each time I see this I check my phone and surprise, surprise, no dial tone! 

This has been happening repeatedly over the last 3 years and I'm so fed up with paying for a service I don't receive! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for clarifying. 

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted.

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie

Last time this happened, in fact ALL the previous times this has happened, the lead for my my phone has been plugged into someone else's property! So, it will show as working from your end, but I can assure you, I have no dial tone and no connection! 

ALL the previous times this has happened, the engineer who came round simply had to plug the correct lines into the correct properties...!!!! 

Can I repeat that I am sick and tired of this happening repeatedly!!  And I am sick and tired of paying for a service I simply don't have!!! 

WHY can't the engineers who add properties to the Virgin system in the green boxes in the road plug the correct lines into the correct properties???!!!! 

Carol

0 Kudos