Menu
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

NDT

Custome Service line is sending me round in circles again.  "Call Centres are closed, use the web site" etc.

Got no dial tone on my home phone.  Can anyone help?

Done all the usual checks, tried another phone, isolated all extension wiring.  Line is dead, no blow, fault is before it comes into the house.

Cheers in advance.

0 Kudos
Sugar239
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: NDT

I’ve got the same problem in BS4 postcode 

0 Kudos
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is ridiculous. If the call centres are closed there needs to be a way to raise a ticket on line. Not just post on a forum and hope someone from the company reads it.
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Rojo_Habe wrote:
This is ridiculous. If the call centres are closed there needs to be a way to raise a ticket on line. Not just post on a forum and hope someone from the company reads it.

For home phone issues you should be able to do exactly that at www.virginmedia.com/servicestatus

Also the call centres aren't completely closed - though they are running at reduced capacity at present due to the situation in the world.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

...except it tests your line, takes you through a few basic steps and then tells you to ring customer Services.

Hence the going around in circles bit.

0 Kudos
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Stuff it. Wasn't using it much anyway. I've gone full Sipgate now.
It's just another thing I'm paying for that I don't need and doesn't work anyway, now.

And yes, the call centres were Closed. Sat there for about ten minutes pressing buttons until it said "we're now transferring you to an operator", followed immediately with "The call centres are closed".
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Rojo_Habe.

I can see you've done the tests we'd go through with you to try fix this so I'll pop you over a private message so we can book in an engineer appointment.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

Thanks, but I thought I'd try the web site one more time before contacting you and it seems to be magically working again this morning. The line test got all the way to 100% (before that it was always aborting at about 20% and saying it couldn't find a problem) and then the option to book an engineer appeared. Thought I'd better plug a phone in and check again before proceeding, and would you believe it I have dial tone again!

Spooky. In my thirty-eight years as a telecom engineer it's not my experience that this particular fault often fixes itself, but stranger things, and all that...

Unfortunately I've decided that good old-fashioned copper isn't reliable enough, so my phone will remain plugged into my Sipgate adapter. If it was cost-effective to cancel my landline I would do so but the way the Mates Rates package is structured, any such change would in fact double my monthly subscription.

Thanks for responding.
0 Kudos