Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing incoming calls

The technician booked for you would come out and investigate this further to locate the reason for this and implement the fix if possible on the day.

Let us know how this goes.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting a bit confused here - was that last reply directed to TWIZTWIZ or me? AFAIK I haven't got a technician booked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Apologies Timbo42 I got a bit confused with the response there, I must need another coffee! 

In the time since your post have any numbers had the same issue that aren't from BT? Are you able to confirm with the calls you haven't received if they have this same issue with other Virgin numbers? Are you able to call these numbers from your phone with no issues? Are the numbers you've confirmed had issues connecting to you been connecting intermittently or have they never been able to connect? 

It may be worth asking the numbers which aren't getting through to your number if they can request a trace report with their provider as this does seem to be something that would be on their side with the connection not passing over to our network to get through to yourself. 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Emily

To answer: I'm not aware of any non-BT numbers having the same issue, though its hard to be sure. My mobile connects fine. Sorry, no idea if these people are having issues with other Virgin numbers. Yes, I can ring these people absolutely fine with no issues. The problem with incoming calls is intermittent - they can reach me sometimes, but not others, which makes things very difficult.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hey timbo42,

Do you know if they have had any contact with BT in regards to this issue? As it seems to be only the BT numbers unable to get through (most of the time anyway). If not, as advised I'd recommend asking them to get in touch with BT to see if there is any known issues at their end, as there seems to be no problems with the switch board. 

Also, were you able to test the alternative phone to see if the failed calls were coming through on that one?

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

My landline has been dead since Friday or Saturday. Engineer on way. I have lots of spare phones and have used 3 others to check the line and it's like it doesn't have a dial tone. I seen yesterday that lots of people reported landline problems in my location and Virgin says there has to be more than 5 complaints. Well I seen more than 5 complaints yesterday and nobody at virgin has acted on this problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I disagree as I saw other people in my area with the same problem. Certainly more than 5 customers since Friday. Also , I could not get any emails from Virgin for activation purpose to join this forum, yet emails from other people outside of  Virgin were coming through but not as many emails as I usually get from other people only VIRGIN emails were not coming through. I had to keep requesting for another activation email and then they all came through later in the day. However, I could send a test email to myself. Same with internet, most pages I could access. Others said broken link so I gave up on those websites. I only had an engineer out a week or so ago who had to put a new box on outside wall as it had fallen off as wasn't installed securely in first instance. My landline was also down around a month ago and Virgin did act on an area code as others were disconnected from landline and other services.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Engineer coming to me today as no landline since Friday. Line is dead. Tried other phones and still no joy so probably message is for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to visit one of the people who haven't been able to get through next week, so I might be able to contact BT then.

As for a different phone, I've not had any phone calls to check! But I've no idea if no-one's rung me, or whether people rung but didn't get through!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi timbo42,

Could be worth giving them a quick call and asking for them to ring back, but if you're happy to wait until you next see them, that's absolutely fine 🙂

Be sure to keep us updated,

Beth

0 Kudos