Menu
nigelmontgomery
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lengthy Home Phone Outage

Our Home Phone service went down on Friday evening Jan 22nd.  When I checked the app the following morning, it showed an outage so I registered for text updates and it was resolved later that day.  But went down again within hours.  There was another outage on the app on Sunday so again registered for text updates and it came back late night.  By Monday morning the phone was out again but no outage showing on the app.  Attempted to call in but while on the phone, the line came back so I hung up. 10 minutes later, dead again.  Despite no outages advertised, only came back for a few minutes that evening then went out again.  Was out continuously until this morning when it suddenly came back.  I am looking for an explanation of what happened - clearly some fault outside the house but no indication what or where.  I also am looking for compensation for the outage of 5 days - I believe under the automatic compensation scheme I am due £24.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lengthy Home Phone Outage

Hello

If you have a closer look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation it is paid for full days after the 2nd day of full outage, so if fault happens on Monday at 11am and and doesn't come back till Friday 11am then you would be paid for 1 day the Thursday. Virginmedia do not pay compensation if it comes back intermittently over the period of fault as in your case.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nigelmontgomery
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lengthy Home Phone Outage

Thanks for the response Mike. Not what I want to hear on that front but I reaily want to hear from someone from Virgin themselves.  I was told to post on here after a FB conversation with VM because it's impossible to get through to the call centres.  I want someone from VM to explain what the problem was because they've basically been denying there was a problem for at least three days.  Plus answer the compensation question officially because I am extremely unhappy paying for a non-working service for so long especially as the phone is required as a contact point as I have a son with Aspergers living here and an elderly father in a care home and the care home staff need to be able to contact us.

0 Kudos