cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline.

johnharbertson
Joining in

Just joined virgin media this week and we keep getting no number on our phone nearly every hour. It looks like a missed call but the phone doesn’t ring. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @johnharbertson 

Can you confirm how your landline phone is connected? Is it connected to a wall socket or to the broadband Hub?
Are you able to hear other calls when they come through?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @johnharbertson,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and a warm welcome for joining our services! I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline service after joining us! 

Can you confirm how your landline phone is connected? Is it connected to a wall socket or to the broadband Hub? If it's connected to the Hub, please reboot your broadband Hub to see if this issue continues.

You can also take a look at our Landline Faults page which may help with your issue. 

How often to you see this error message? Are you able to hear other calls when they come through?

Let us know so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@johnharbertson wrote:

Just joined virgin media this week and we keep getting no number on our phone nearly every hour. It looks like a missed call but the phone doesn’t ring. 

Does your experience fit with the pattern described in this topic below (which focuses on the Hub 5 and BT phones, although other phone manufacturers are mentioned elsewhere)?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

If so, it is a 'known issue' (known about since around June 2022 by all accounts). As yet, unresolved.

I did what you asked but still receiving no number calls. 
9952B520-19FC-4378-8EB7-5816F92E8312.jpeg

Thanks @johnharbertson 

Can you confirm how your landline phone is connected? Is it connected to a wall socket or to the broadband Hub?
Are you able to hear other calls when they come through?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It’s in the hub. 

And we can make and hear other calls 

Thanks for confirming, have you been able to check the link to the thread @goslow posted earlier in this current thread?

It sounds like your issue may be related to the known issue. If it is, this is something the team are aware of and are currently working to resolved as soon as possible.

If you need anything further, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Many of us have the same problem and virgin have known about it since June. So don’t hold your breath for a quick fix. The only temporary solution is to clear the call log daily to prevent it filling up. 

Mashby12
Joining in

My landline has not been working for 8 days and I cannot get any answers. I have tried calling the 150 number but no response, I found other numbers and got through to the automated service but no joy there. My husband has been waiting for a n appointment from the hospital and they have emailed it thank goodness. I don't know what to do now.