Menu
nbye429
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Landline quality awful

Hi,

We have recently installed VM Broadband and landline which comes out of the router.

TG2492LG-VMB VMDG5O5

Phone call quality is dreadful.

I have seen community posts for a fix SIP ALG so that the phone uses encryption to get rid of the router interferance but I can't see what I need to do this?

I have a gigaset C620A answerphone on the line.

Please help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline quality awful

I'm a little confused by the wording of your post, are you using your own SIP provider over the broadband, or have you got a phone connected to the RJ11 sockets on the Hub and using Virgins phone service?
0 Kudos
nbye429
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have my gigaset phone connected into the back of the vm router. I only mentioned sip because another post on the community said it was a way to sort out the interference from the router.

I have no idea what it means as I am not technically minded so I need all the help I can get

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If the C620A is connected to the grey coloured ports on the Hub you'll need to contact them regarding this issue as it's not something you can fix via settings tweaks.

If that's the case you can either call them (might be worth choosing the option for wanting to leave to try and get the UK call centre) or wait a few days for one of the forum team to respond here.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, nbye429.

Sorry to hear of the calling issues with the landline. Can you advise me, is it noise on the line, or anything else? 

Is this only as well when making the call or all the time?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
nbye429
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The problem is during calls and the voices are broken up with distortion so it is really hard to hear what they are saying

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks, and how many other pieces of equipment do you have plugged into the phone please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
nbye429
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nothing is plugged into the phone which is plugged into the VM router

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

Have you tried a reboot of the router? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
nbye429
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help and I think the problem has been resolved after VM sent the router a new signal and a reset was done when I upgraded to 200mb broadband but the speed seemed lacking.

0 Kudos