cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working.

Macflame
On our wavelength

Our landline is not working and hasn't been for three days. We have a wireless phone base plugged into the socket. No dial tone. When the number is called from a mobile, the 'line engaged' signal is heard.
I have checked the local status online which reads ok.
I have tried a known working handset in the socket and there is still no dialing tone. So I do not think it is our equipment.
The landline is not one attached to the hub, but an old BT line.
We had a power cut over a week ago and we lost all services. The landline was the last to be reconnected, but is now lost again.
We are in S12 2GD.Area 14 for Virgin.

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Macflame,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your Phoneline isn't working after a power cut, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and was unable to see any issues, if we were to send a technician out and no issues found there would be a £25 callout charge, can you unplug everything from the phone socket including any extentios, alarms and filters and try a different phone.

You can find some further help and support here.

Regards

Paul.

Macflame
On our wavelength

I have already tried a different phone without success.
We were told last time this happened, that if it happened again we would have to plug our phone into the hub.
Could I just plug the phone into the hub and have our number transferred to the hub?
I am trying to avoid an engineer call-out as I will have to dismantle some furniture in order to get to the socket.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

I will need to check from our side to see if the switchover has happened in your area.

To check this, I will pop you over a private message now. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Macflame
On our wavelength

The landline came back on this afternoon.
I am still none the wiser as to why it was down.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Macflame, 

Thank you for posting and letting us know this has now been resolved. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Take care, 

Nat

Hi Nat,
Many thanks.
Stay safe and well.
Best regards,
Patrick.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Same to you, have lovely rest of the weekend. 

Thanks,

Nat