Menu
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 51 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

Ayisha, is there anyone you could forward this to who may be able to help? I am not getting at anyone but the situation is ? can't think of an appropriate expression. In theory it should take one 5 minute phone call to report and action. In practice I am now spending several hours a day just getting a fault notification to the right area.

This is a straight forward issue. There is a recurrent fault that impacts my phone line service.

You know what the fault is.

You apply a temporary fix each time. I can only assume it's a continual fix fail. Why can't you apply a permanent solution?

0 Kudos
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 52 of 68
Flag for a moderator

continued:

The phone has currently been down since 17.25 03/05/20.

You know when the phone is down. You know when there is a network outage. 

If it is not cost effective to apply a permanent solution for a few impacted customers, why not just say so and I can look at alternatives. 

I appreciate this relates to a technical issue but surely someone in your organisation has an interest and can give an overview.

0 Kudos
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 53 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Who is invested in resolving this issue?

I understand telecoms network is outsourced and not deemed Virgin Media internally i.e. if it's a network issue it is not a Virgin Media problem. I imagine there is cost somewhere covering network support. If it's inclusive is anyone bothered i.e. there is no visible cost for each call out. If there is a charge made for each call out, I imagine an Account/Relationship Manager has an interest. If the latter, what do I need to do to attract interest to support a permanent solution.

On the ground, I doubt anyone is bothered - 1st line, 2nd line, engineers etc. It's what they do day in, day out. As long as everyone is paid does it matter how often they have to do it? I would have thought Area Field Managers, if they were Virgin Media employees, would have an interest but I don't know how it all works.
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 54 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mickleickle,

I would wait for our 2nd line faults team to contact you. 

This is usually within 24 hours. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 55 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Ayisha, have you been able to forward this on to anyone? 

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 56 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us @mickleickle

Have the 2nd line faults team been in touch? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 57 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Sofia, yes someone rang. The phone came back on around 14.23

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 58 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for the update @mickleickle

Glad to hear this has now been resolved, any further issues please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

cdsjon
Joining in
Message 59 of 68
Flag for a moderator

My landline as not worked for 13 days - no dial tone, i have called 150 twice and they have not been able to resolve anything.

All services where cut off after i agreed a new contract, after 5 days and six hours of phone calls got broadband and tv back. but no home phone.

Appears you changed my number even through i asked to keep my old number, but neither work anyway. Your fault finding app was not working the other day and today the guy i spoke to could not resolve the problem

Please help?, sick of all the issues i keep having with Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 60 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cdsjon,

Please do not spam on threads, I can see we have replied to your other post, and someone form our team is helping you 

Zoie

0 Kudos