cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working in Carlton Nottingham

Blackpearl1971
Tuning in

My landline stopped working on Monday afternoon (18th July). An automated message, when I called on my mobile, said that a local fault was being dealt with. At 12.30am Tuesday it was working. Later that day, during a phone call, it stopped working again. I called VM and, due to accents and a choppy connection, I could barely understand what the situation was. I was told, I think, that the problem would be fixed in 4-5 hours. Here I am on day 5 with no landline, which is essential for me. I can't use my mobile, as it's too expensive, especially being on hold. There is no email address. The Whatsapp messaging is automated. How do I deal with this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

That's all booked in for you now Blackpearl1971 🙂

Just for your peace of mind, you can check, change or cancel your appointment via your Online Account.

Please let us know how the visit goes so we can still support you if you need us!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blackpearl1971,

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am sorry you're having this issue with your landline and that you've been having a hard time getting through to the faults team about it!

Could you tell me what is occurring on the line when you pick up the handset?

Is your phoneline plugged into your Hub or the wall socket? 

I'll see what we can do it get it working again 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

There is no dial tone, and the phone registers incoming calls as missed calls. Also, the phone doesn't ring when a call is incoming. It is plugged into the wall socket.

Thanks for coming back to me, Blackpearl1971.

I've had a look at your landline services on my side and also did a health check, it seems there may be an issue that I can't resolve remotely, so I'll need to send out an engineer. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can chat about dates and times etc. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

That's all booked in for you now Blackpearl1971 🙂

Just for your peace of mind, you can check, change or cancel your appointment via your Online Account.

Please let us know how the visit goes so we can still support you if you need us!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

That's great. Thank you for your help.

Matt