cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline issues

jc8ond
Joining in

Why am I paying for a service that is at best flawed, I have no Landline service again. When is Virginmedia going to fix the issue and stop reporting that everything is fine when it is clearly not. 
Like most Virginmedia customers I don’t require a landline but I am forced to take it as part of the package, so at least let’s have a working service as we are paying through the nose for it.

How can someone report a fault with no landline? There is clearly also a fault on the 0345 number as when I called the number was eventually answered with no sound. When hung up the call, the 0345 number called back twice both times with no sound.

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jc8ond,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline and trying to get in touch with us to report the issues.

I have been able to find you on our system and have refreshed your numbers connection to the Virgin Media network, please can you let me know if that has made any difference at all?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Still no dial tone, and engaged tone on incoming call from mobile phone.

Thanks for coming back to us @jc8ond and trying the line after, I refreshed the connection. I have looked into this again and we would need to send a technician out to resolve this problem. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @jc8ond.
I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard. However this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Thanks for your help in this matter.

I thought I was just going round in circles trying to communicate with Virginmedia help!

Thanks

You're very welcome @jc8ond and glad that I could help to arrange the technician visit for you.

Please let us know how the visit goes. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Engineer been this morning connected phone via the hub after enabling the hub for telephony.

All up and running again now.

Thanks again.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jc8ond, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know how the visit went.

We are very happy to hear your service is back up and running again but do please get in touch if you experience any further issues or have any questions.

Take care, 

Nat